Monday, September 27, 2010

13 Drown in Boating Accident

         A skiff packed with 75 Ethiopians and 10 Somalis was spotted in the Gulf of Aden by a South Korean warship USS Winston S. Churchill. On Monday morning, the skiff asked the warship for some aid. While sailors attempted to distribute fresh supplies, the people rushed to one side of the boat causing to capsize the skiff. 13 people drowned and 8 have not been found. The crew from the warship and Australian Patrol have only managed to save 61 passengers and the Navy is still investigating the incident.

        I thought this article was interesting, as most of the articles I read are. I liked how it went far into detail, because it made it more visual. I also liked that it was very short. Telling the readers how many people were found so far also made me like the article. And that is what I thought about this article.


I got this article from an online source. Here is the link: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27/13-drown-8-missing-after-skiff-getting-navy-aid-capsizes/?npt=NP1 

Here is a picture that goes along with the article.




No comments:

Post a Comment