Monday, November 1, 2010

Current Events QTR 2 Week 2: Zach Galifianakis lights up joint on live TV

           This article was about how Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint on live television. The show "Real Time With Bill Maher" went to pot during a show from Zach on Friday. Discussing California's Proposition 19 ballot, which aims to legalize marijuana use. He pulled out a joint, lit it up, and began smoking as Bill Maher and his panelists were stunned. He handed the joint to conservative television. The radio commentator smelt it and told the audience that it was real. After Zach continued to smoke, the panelists yelled "Oh my God, look at those dragons!" 
Zach said "That's my point. I think that's what people think about it." 
California voters will decide on Prop 19 on Tuesday.


My opinion on this article was very different. I think it was odd of him to smoke on live TV. I think it may have been setting the wrong examples for kids and even adults. But they were talking about how it should be legalized. This is my opinion on this article.

This is a picture that goes with the topic of the article.



I got this article from an online source. Here is the link to the website: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/01/zach-galifianakis-lights-up-joint-on-live-tv/?npt=NP1

1 comment:

  1. That was both a bizarre and brave move. He could have been arrested for doing that. This ballot measure was not approved, so marijuana is not legal, so I wonder if they will now press charges against him.

    ReplyDelete